Muah chee is type of snack from Singapore. I always ate it when I visited Singapore although the last time, I went there, there were not many people selling anymore. I made it again today. I just realised, the second time is so much easier. I remember I put in lots of effort the first time, anyway, I better write it down this time so I will never forget.
glutinous rice flour (1 cup)
water (1 cup)
How to make it:
I toasted the peanuts and sesame lightly to get the fragrance. It makes the house smells good too. I did remind me of the shopping centre food court in Singapore where they sold Muah chee.
I mixed the peanuts, sesame and sugar together and left it aside on a baking pan.
I mixed the glutinous rice flour and water (1:1) and stir
then I put oil on my pan and pour the mixed flour and water, i turned it every 20 seconds
it takes me about three times turning, it is ready to be added to the peanuts mixture.
serve and enjoy it.
I have tried many Kway Chap in the past but often find the star anise, cinnamon sticks and cloves are overbearing.
My mum makes a very simple Kway Chap which I miss a lot. I finally asked her for her recipe and was very surprised how easy it is to make it. I made it to suit my own family.
Ingredients A (the braised meat)
- 1 tablespoon pickled turnip
- garlic 5 cloves (may add more if you like)
- eggs (as many as you like)
- chicken (I used half a kg of tenderloins) – this may be substitute into pork.
- fried tofu
- dark soya sauce
- spring onions
Ingredients B (rice noodles)
- half a package of rice noodles
- water (enough to cover the rice noodles)
- fried shallots
- rice flour about a tablespoon
- heat your soup pot, add garlic and turnip and toss until the fragrance is out.
- add dark soya sauce, chicken, and water.
- when the chicken is cooked, add your eggs and fried tofu. You may add more soya sauce and water to cover the ingredients.
- when it is cooked and start to smell really well, add salt to taste.
- then, you may move on to the rice noodles, in a boiling water pot, add the rice noodles
- cook the rice noodles al dente
- when it is cook al dente, add cold or room temperature water to a table spoon of rice flour, mix well
- add about 3-5 spoons of the mixing into your rice noodles
- done, serve the noodles into a bowl, add the braised meat soup and ingredients into the bowl. Add coriander or spring onions.
- Ready to eat!
I found this great recipe for green tea pound cake but I bake them in cupcake trays so save me cutting it later. I also make changes into gram as I do not use cup measurement that much.
- 2 Eggs
- 227 gr flour
- 85 gr sugar
- 113 gr butter
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix sugar and butter and mix them well.
- Then slowly added eggs to the mixture.
- Mix flour, matcha powder and baking powder together and sift it about three times
- Add the sift flour into the mixture slowly
- Pour the batter into cupcakes baking tray
- preheat your oven in 170 degree and bake the batter in about 20-25 minutes.
Happy Eid Mubarak for my Muslim friends and families.
I made a special Indonesian tradition Eid Mubarak food for hubby. This is one of his favourite must have.
Ingredients A: (Will go into food processor)
Candlenuts 2 (if you do not have this, you may skip, this will add a bit of earthy feel)
chillies (big and small) depending on your own taste
turmeric powder 2 teaspoons
galangal powder 1 teaspoon
ginger about 3 cm
kaffir lime leaves 2-3
coconut milk 2 cans
jackfruit greens 1 can
quail eggs 1 cans
chokoes 2 (cut into julienne)
Chicken (half a kg)
rice cake (buy from groceries so easier to cook)
Ways of Cooking:
- Heat your saucepan with oil, put in your ingredients A from food processor, dont burn it.
- when the fragrance is out, put your ingredients (chicken. jackfruits, chokoes and quail eggs) and simmer them along with the sauce for about a minute or two.
- add your coconut milks, then your waters
- once the coconut milks boil, turn the heat to low and cook slowly until the oil is coming out of the dish.
- You can add this to your rice cake, rice cake is preferable cooked ways beyond you start this dish and have enough time to cool down.
- I normally add crispy sambal shrimp and abc sambal terasi during servings.